Wednesday, April 8, 2020

1/72 American Regiment (Dark Blue faced White) Airfix




After buying and old box of Airfix “Washington Army “,

 and making a small unit of German Jagers with some of them …



…I though; what to do with the rest of figures? I thought I have betrayed the Continental figures with a German units, so…I will do a real American unit.

So I began to do it. As I said, this Airfix figures are a little small, -because their legs are disproportionately small, the upper side of the figures are very correct and expressive. Although is a very drastic measure, I decided to cut their legs and replace them with Accurate(Revell-Imex) figures. With this new legs they result even high, because their body and head are in the big side of the 1/72 scale.



I painted them in blue coat with white facing, trouser and shirt in white too, so a lot of white, I could have used more variety for these clothes…
Trying, as I did in the Jagger unit, to add some variety in the unit and in the bases, I tried to do a little composition, with lower in both sides (with the prone and sitting positions, and higher to the center (with the standing and the officer on the horse), accentuated with a small elevation on the terrain.




The central base only contain three figures, I have tried to do and epic composition with the mounted official in an elevated position framed by the American flag, and the drummer advancing…





 The group of two men evacuating a casualty is my preferred; but I have set it looking backwards, logically, but this force them out of the spotlight…I thinking about turning them¡



Thank you very much for watching¡

I have still some more figures…I´m finishing other base with…? What do you think¡?

Antonio.

4 comments:

  1. You have done a great job bringing these old Aifix figures to life Antonio...I have scrolled through the previous postings and can see the high quality of work you have produced...just goes to show what can be done with less costly plastic miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rros for your kind words,
    1/72 plastic figures have very good modelling quality; it´s true that they have some painting problems, because tend to bend and get chipped.
    I have just discovered your blog¡ very interesting and dense¡
    Antonio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work on the conversions! Your composition of poses for each base, and how those bases work together as a unit, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Brian for your kind words,
    You have described exactly the goal I had in my mind while I was planning and making this work, If I have achieved a little of this, and this can serve as inspiration for someone… in has been well worthwhile¡
    Antonio

    ReplyDelete